Please follow the below link for information regarding the College and Covid.

Latest Covid-19 and college information.

Cornwall College Duchy College Bicton College Falmouth Marine School CCB Training

University Financial Support

Fees and Financial Support for Higher Education Learners

At Cornwall College we want to be able to offer you support and guidance with fees and funding for our University courses.

Can I get financial support to help me with my studies?

Higher Education learners can apply for a student loan to cover their tuition costs from Student finance – GOV.UK (

Alongside this, eligible full-time and part-time learners, can apply for additional financial support through our HE Bursary. We have a limited number of £500 awards to support you with your studies.

Would I be eligible for a HE bursary?

You could be eligible to apply for one of our HE bursaries if you are an undergraduate and fall into one or more of the following categories:

  • Your household income is £25,000 per year or below
  • Your postcode is listed as an area of low participation in HE
  • You are a care leaver
  • You have a declared disability

PGCE, Cert Ed and MSc students do not qualify for this bursary as other financial support is available.

When can I apply for a HE Bursary?

Our applications for HE bursaries are now closed for the academic year 2021/22. If you have been notified that you have been awarded a HE bursary, please click on the link below, to upload your Student Finance England Award letter.

How will I know if I have been successful?

We will be in contact in November to confirm if you have been awarded one of our bursaries. If you are awarded a bursary you will receive 50% of this in December with the following 50% awarded in April. Awards are dependent on achieving 85% attendance.

Is there any other financial support available to me?

You may be able to receive further financial assistance through our HE Hardship Fund. Please speak to your Student Experience Team to find out more.

Hardship Fund

The Cornwall College Group operate a Hardship Fund to support most HE learners who are experiencing financial difficulty.

Please click here to find out more about this fund and how to apply.

Maintenance loan

You can also apply for a maintenance loan to help towards the cost of living, and this is paid directly to you. For full details please go to

Postgraduate Loan (MA/MSc)

Further information can be found at

If you are applying for Student Finance it is important that you do so as early as possible, applications open early in the New Year for the next September’s entry. 

For further details on our Access Agreement detailing our commitment to financially supporting our higher education learners, please go to the link below:

If you have previously studied at degree level we strongly advise that you contact Student Finance England to find out whether or not you are eligible for financial assistance.

Additional grants for students with dependents

If you have children or adult dependents you may be eligible for additional means tested grants, such as the Childcare grant, Parents’ Learning Allowance and Adult Dependents’ grant. More information can be found at:

Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs)

Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs) are extra help for HE students who have a disability, a mental-health condition or specific learning difficulty, such as dyslexia, ADHD or dyspraxia.

To fill out a DSA form online, go to:

Useful Downloads

How to apply for Disabled Students’ Allowance (HE students)

Determination of Higher Education Programme Fees 2020-21