Appointing New Governors
Recommendations for appointments as governors are made by the Search Committee to the Corporation Board. The Board is always open to hearing from people who may be interested in appointment as a governor or a college council member in order to widen the range of skills and backgrounds from which governors are drawn.
The process for finding new governors is set out in the Rules for the conduct of the Search Committee. This document and the terms of reference of the Search Committee can be downloaded.
Anyone interested in becoming a governor should ask the following questions:
- Do I have commitment?
- Do I have integrity?
- Do I have an interest in education?
- Do I have balanced judgement?
- Do I have a specific skill, professional qualification and/or experience?
- Do I have an ability to assess complex issues?
- Do I have links with the local community or business that I can use for mutual benefit?
- Can I commit to attending a number of meetings during the year?
- Can I put in time before meetings to read the papers?
Further information can be obtained from the Corporation Secretary at:
Cornwall College Head Office