Latest announcements for current students and parents
Latest Information for current students and parents/guardians
Here we will keep you up to date on latest updates and announcements from across The Cornwall College Group.
During the Easter break it is important that if you are trying to communicate a safety or wellbeing concern that you either contact your campus safeguarding team or email email@example.com during normal college hours.
If there is an immediate risk of harm or abuse, or you need support out of hours, then please refer directly to the police on 101 or 999 or local authority safeguarding teams.
Our full safeguarding policy is available here: https://www.cornwall.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Safeguarding-and-Child-Protection-Policy-v2.pdf
Personal Development coming up in the Summer term
For information, these are the topics for personal development for our learners for April and May
- Sustainability Week: WB 19th April. Campus activities and curriculum focus on sustainability.
- Healthy Relationships, including consent: WB 26th April. Tutorial session and activities on campus.
- Resilience and life skills: Support and activities on campus throughout the rest of the term.
- Learner Voice Weeks: 26th April to 7th May: Course reps meetings, Student Union learner voice, online end of year survey and HE SPQ will all take place during these weeks
Supporting Mental Health
Check out this helpful guide on well-being for young people (click here). We also offer a range of support via our Student Experience Team on campus and remotely for the safety and wellbeing of our students. Students can also independently access an online space on Moodle with an extensive range of links, guidance and resources to support positive mental health.
A report on student progress so far this year is available to students via ProPortal. Term 2 reports will be available by the end of March. Students can access this by logging into ProPortal on any internet enabled or mobile device.
Parents /carers can access this with the student.
- Go to www.cornwall.ac.uk/students and click on the PROPORTAL link.
- It will ask you to login. Please login with the student College username (eg: joe.bloggs123) and College password.
- Once logged in you will see an overview of information as well as some menu items at the top right of the page (if you are on a mobile device or small screen you will see an icon like this . Click on this to see the menu items).
- From the menu, click on ‘Progress’ and then ‘Published Student Reports’. You will see any reports available on the page. Click on ‘download’ to view it.
If parents would be interested in having access to student progress via ProPortal, please contact Rebecca.Barrington@cornwall.ac.uk to be part of a pilot.
Being Safe Online
We continually undertake activities and provide resources on our campuses aimed at helping our students to be safe online, as well as in the wider community. To support this, you will find these resources useful: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-keeping-children-safe-online/coronavirus-covid-19-support-for-parents-and-carers-to-keep-children-safe-online