Carpentry Apprenticeship with Wainhomes South West
What will the apprentice be doing?
This position will introduce you to the House Building industry and allow you to gain practical experience of working on a live site. This program will be provided you with the basis to build a great life long career within the Construction Industry,
You will report to the onsite Management team.
You will be working closely with the onsite team of Carpenters to carry out all aspects of the Site Carpentry trade. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Preparation of Materials
- Safe working practices
- Cleaning of areas and tools
- Storage and moving of materials
- Constructing timber structures
- Interpreting drawings and specifications
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will work towards a Level 2 Carpentry Apprenticeship Standard
- You will attend St Austell College one day a week during term time
- If not already achieved, you will have to achieve Level 1 English and maths and take the test for level 2 prior to taking end-point assessments.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- After successful completion of your apprenticeship you may wish to progress onto the Level 3 Advanced Carpentry Apprenticeship
- After successful completion of the apprenticeship there is an opportunity to continue working for the company.
!!How to apply!!
- Click apply
- Search for vacancy using code: VAC1000053711