This Level 3 apprenticeship covers skill and training for the installation or maintenance of electro-technical equipment. Upon completion you will be qualified to work as an installation or maintenance electrical engineer.
As an apprentice you will be expected to have strong practical skills and advanced abilities. You’ll need to be able to follow technical drawings and understand health and safety regulations.
What You Will Learn
• Health and safety
• Environmental technology systems
• Overseeing the work environment
• Project planning
• Preparing and installing electrical systems
• Terminating and connecting conductors, cables and flexible cords
• Inspecting, certification and testing
Go on to university to study a relevant foundation degree or bachelor’s degree in building services, engineering and associated disciplines.
Following the completion of this course you can apply for a professional registration to the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) as an Engineering Technician.
• Installation electrician
• Maintenance electrician
• Electrical design engineer
• Theatre and events electrician
• Plant technician
• Electrical network technician
• Telecommunications engineer
Sign in to Apply
Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The College reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility. The Cornwall College Group reserves the right to withdraw any course listed at any time.