There has never been a better time to apply for a Land-based service Engineer apprenticeship. The land-based engineering sector is technologically advancing at a fascinating rate, encompassing systems such as precision farming aids like satellite guidance, telematics, electronic controls and driverless technology. Skilled engineers are in high demand and a land-based engineering apprenticeship is your way into this industry.
The Advanced Level 3 Land-based service Engineering apprenticeship combines training with paid employment, you will work at a Land-based Engineering service workshop and study at Duchy College to gain a nationally recognised qualification. You will be supported by an Assessor who will monitor progress and regularly visit your work placement to give assistance and guidance to complete your qualification.
For further information on apprenticeships and careers within land-based engineering, visit www.landbasedengineering.com
Share this course with someone you know...
You would like to advance your employment, expertise and responsibilities in the land-based engineering industry.
To be employed in a related role and have relevant qualifications or experience.
From a variety of modules covering topics such as advanced servicing and maintenance, removing and replacing components, diagnosing faults in tractors and machinery, welding and joining processes, health & safety and workshop practices.
- Recognise and Reduce Risks in the Land-based Engineering Work Area
- Understand and Follow Organisational Procedures within Land-based Engineering Establishments
- Provide Customer Care within Land-based Engineering Operations
- Use Calculations
- Perform thermal joining processes
- Service and Repair Engines and Components
- Maintain Electronic Control and Monitoring Systems on Land-based Equipment
- Service and Repair Hydraulic Systems and Components on Land-based Equipment
- Service and Repair Power shift, Hydrostatic and CVT Transmissions on Land-based Equipment
- Monitor the Handover and Installation of Land-based Equipment
- Inspect and Test Land-based Machinery and Equipment
A workplace assessor to help you build your portfolio of evidence.
Our students have the opportunity to help with the Cornwall Farm Machinery Club meetings, a great networking event and a chance to meet industry professionals.
Exciting opportunities to complete manufacturer's technical training to advance your career.
We have built a close relationship with franchised machinery dealers who liaise with us regarding upcoming job opportunities for our successful students.
Bradley Maddever Land-based Engineering
"I did land-based engineering at Level 2 full-time here before I became an apprentice and it helped me to learn a lot before going into work. When I'm here I get to learn and do things for my portfolio that I don't do day-to-day at work. I get on with everyone here, it's a really nice working environment."
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.