This course is an introduction to using a chainsaw, held at Bicton College.
The course can be run at a location to suit business requirements if desired.
Share this course with someone you know...
Those interested in tree surgery/tree knowledge.
Applicants must be aged 16 or over.
- Basic use and maintenance of the chainsaw
- Current health and safety legislation and safety clothing (PPE) guidance
- Fuel mixtures and lubricants
- Power unit, safety features, recoil starter
- Chain identification, bar maintenance, sharpening
- Hot & cold start
- Chain saw handling
To cover handling and maintenance.
This course runs throughout the year on various dates. For more information please register your interest below.
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.