Introduction to creative writing will enable you to translate your thoughts into a work of fiction with a beginning, middle and end. On this 6 week course you will learn how to build drama and create tension through focusing on character development. Each class will include a discussion of a specific technique used by a professional writer, where you will discover what you like and why, to develop your personal vision.
What You Will Learn
- What are plot, storyline and narrative?
- How to use your characters’ desires, needs and flaws to create tension.
- How to write authentic dialogue.
- How to execute a climactic conclusion.
- How to give constructive feedback.
- How to use feedback to develop your creative vision.
Sign in to Apply
Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The College reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility. The Cornwall College Group reserves the right to withdraw any course listed at any time.