A housing professional who gains an accredited qualification from CIH will be equipped with the key skills and expert knowledge they need to contribute to performance improvement in their organisation in a fast-changing environment.
What is the Level 2 Certificate in Housing Practice?
The Level 2 Certificate in Housing Practice provides a general introduction to the housing sector. It has four units:
• Housing provision and housing organisations
• Customer service for housing
• Assets, repairs and maintenance
• Professional development in housing
What You Will Learn
Unit 1: Housing provision and housing organisations
• Understand housing provision and tenure in the context of trends in the housing market
• Know about the relationship between landlord and tenant
• Know about the partnerships and collaborative working housing organisations engage in to provide services.
• Know how housing organisations are regulated and funded
Unit 2: Customer service for housing
• Understand the principles of customer service
• Know the diverse range and needs of housing customers
• Understand the principles of equality and diversity
Unit 3: Assets, repairs and maintenance
• Know the main types of dwellings across the housing stock
• Understand the concept of asset management for housing organisations
• Understand the process for managing repairs and maintenance of housing stock
Unit 4: Professional development in housing
• Know about paid and voluntary roles in the housing sector
• Understand the knowledge , skills and behaviours required to work within the housing sector
• Be able to plan personal professional development
Sign in to Apply
Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The College reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility. The Cornwall College Group reserves the right to withdraw any course listed at any time.