CIH Level 3 Certificate in Housing , is designed to provide you with contextual and specialised knowledge to support you in your role and career as a housing professional. This blended learning/online qualification enables you to be an effective housing practitioner and will provide you with a deeper understanding of how your organisation and others in the housing industry work.
What You Will Learn
• Know the main types of housing providers nationally and the services they deliver
• Know the agencies that work with housing providers to deliver services
• Understand how housing providers are regulated
• Understand how housing providers can improve the services they deliver
Occupancy, Tenure and Lettings
• Understand types of occupancy and tenure
• Understand different types of tenancy
• Understand different approaches to allocation and lettings
Involving Service Users
• Understand why service user involvement is important in a range of housing related settings
• Understand the opportunities for service user involvement in housing
• Understand how to maximise the impact of service user involvement in a specific context
• Know the legal and regulatory framework for safeguarding adults with care and support needs
• Understand the impact of the legal and regulatory framework for safeguarding adults with care and support needs on professional practice
• Understand the role of partnership working in for safeguarding adults with care and support needs
Housing Repairs and Maintenance
• Understand the approaches to delivering a responsive repairs service.
• Understand the approaches to delivering long term asset management programmes.
• Understand the relationship between the client and contractor roles in the delivery of repairs
Professional Practice Skills
• Understand the key skills, knowledge and behaviours required for the housing professional
• Understand ethics in the context of professional practice in housing
• Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in the context of professional practice in housing
• Be able to assess own professional performance and development
Sign in to Apply
Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The College reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility. The Cornwall College Group reserves the right to withdraw any course listed at any time.