This qualification is designed to enable learners to develop their skills to communicate with Deaf people using British Sign Language (BSL) in a range of everyday situations.
The specification has been designed to be consistent with the National Language Standards at Level 2.
Level 2 Certificate in British Sign Language is suitable for those who:
• wish to achieve language skills at an intermediate level to improve communication with Deaf people
• are Deaf and wish to gain a qualification in their native language
• are family, friends and colleagues of Deaf people
• want to progress from Level 1 study in BSL, and who may want to progress to more advanced levels of study in BSL at a later date
• are studying for personal development.
This is an evening course and normally runs one evening a week from 6.00pm to 8.00pm for 50 weeks.
Please note - before starting the Level 2 course you will also probably be required to attend the British Sign Language Bridging course which starts on the 15.09.22, from 6.00pm to 8.00pm, for 8 weeks. This will depend on your level of signing and there will be no charge for this course.
What You Will Learn
The qualification is divided into three units, each of which can be achieved separately. The units can be done in any order at any time but it is recommended that the content of Unit BSL201 is covered before Unit BSL202 or BSL203.
To achieve the full Level 2 Certificate in British Sign Language, candidates are required to achieve all units.
Sign in to Apply
Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The College reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility. The Cornwall College Group reserves the right to withdraw any course listed at any time.