This qualification aims to give learners knowledge and understanding to work with individuals with learning disabilities or difficulties. They will explore the principles of safeguarding and positive risk taking and gain awareness of the autistic spectrum.
The objectives of this qualification are to prepare learners for employment and to support a role in the workplace where the individual may work or interact with people with learning disabilities. This is primarily for those within healthcare and social care but may also be useful to those working in education or housing support roles.
This qualification aims to:
- Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Introduction to personalisation in social care
- Principles of positive risk taking for individuals with disabilities
- Introductory awareness of autistic spectrum conditions
- Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare
Share this course with someone you know...
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.