It is imperative that greenhouse gas emissions are reduced, one way or another. This programme is for those who wish to play a part in contributing to that goal, whether through work in the energy industry or through the wider field of carbon management.
It covers sustainable energy generation technologies and systems of energy and carbon management, promoting the practical
experience and problem-solving ability that will set you apart from others in this field.
You will study the rationale for pressing ahead with low carbon solutions and the specifics of several energy generation and conservation technologies, such as solar, tidal, wind, wave and biomass. A mixture of lectures, practical sessions, field trips, state-of-the-art online learning materials and frequent meetings with your tutors and employers, will provide a terrific
environment in which to master this material.
Problem-based learning and coursework assessments will repeatedly take you into the role of professionals in the field; so that you gain first-hand experience in industry standard techniques and methods at domestic, community and commercial level.
This programme can also be studied as a one year top-up where you will complete Year 3 only.
Possible Progression (subject to availability)
– Biological Science Research Masters at Newquay
– MSc Hydrography at Plymouth University
– MSc/PgDip Sustainable Environmental Management at Plymouth University
– MSc Marine Renewable Energy at Plymouth University
– MSc Sustainable Development at the University of Exeter, Cornwall Campus
– MSc International Supply Chain Management at the University of Exeter, Cornwall Campus
– MSc Climate Change & Risk Management at the University of Exeter, Cornwall Campus
– MRes Climate Change Impacts & Feedbacks at the University of Exeter, Cornwall Campus
– Energy Manager in the Public and Private Sector
– Carbon Manager
– Energy and Sustainability Consultant
– Sustainability Manager
– Energy Systems Designer
– Low Carbon Projects Manager
– Low Carbon Construction Manager
– Low Carbon Procurement Officer
– Planning Officer with Renewable Energy Expertise
- UCAS Code: H221 or 45RS (top-up)
- Institution codes: CORN C78
80 UCAS points (64 from A2 Level, preferably in a science subject). Plus GCSEs at grade C or above in English language, maths and science. (Top-up requirements: 240 credits with 120 from Level 5).
Cornwall College Group has been awarded silver in Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)Find out more about TEF
Share this course with someone you know...
Indicative Module Year 1
- Personal & Employability Skills Development
- Quantitative Methods
- Sustainable Energy Futures
- Carbon Footprints & Carbon Accounting
- Electrical Principles
- Energy from Biomass
- Thermodynamics & Heat Transfer
- Marine & Hydroelectric Energy
Indicative Module Year 2
- Sustainable Energy Management
- Sustainable Architecture
- Solar Energy
- Geothermal Energy
- Wind Energy
- Carbon Management
- Mechanics, Materials & Structures
- Data Modelling & Processing
- Managing Change
- Sustainable Transport Policy
*Modules are subject to change and availability
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.
Careers advice available
If you are considering an undergraduate programme with us, you may wish to access our free Careers and Employability advice service. This gives you the opportunity to talk with an advisor about career options before, during and after your study with us. To make an appointment, please e-mail: H.E.Advice@cornwall.ac.uk
If you come into the International category (non EU*) and Channel Island (inc. Isle of Man) the tuition fee may vary – click here for full fee information