Young Mums Will Achieve (YMWA) is an award-winning two day education and Life Skills course for pregnant young women and teenage mums aged between 14 and 19 years old.
YMWA’s primary objectives are to support mums back into mainstream education, employment and training whilst supporting the development of positive parenting and life skills.
YMWA aims to remove some of the barriers that young parents can face; it offers young women an opportunity to develop positive routines and a chance to celebrate choices in an environment that doesn’t judge. It brings together a peer group who you can talk to about problems and challenges, within a supportive and realistic environment. It can be a reference, a progression path and importantly a chance for a mother and a child to meet and interact with others, engage with services and make new friends.
YMWA offers participants:
- Crèche provision on site
- Transport support
- The opportunity to gain qualifications, tailored to meet their individual goals
- Functional skills in Maths and English
- The opportunity to develop employability skills
- A peer supportive environment and an opportunity to meet other young parents
- Information, advice and guidance, tailored to meet the specific needs of that group
- Signposting to universal and specialist services
We are now running YMWA groups across Cornwall.
If you are a Young Mum or are working with a young Mum who would benefit from this programme please get in touch:
• email@example.com (for Mid Cornwall) mobile no: 07990567530
• firstname.lastname@example.org (for East Cornwall) mobile no: 07785242665
Share this course with someone you know...
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.