Following the revised Building Regulations published April 2005, from April 2006, all installers wishing to certify their own work under Gas Safe Registration legislation, (rather than call Local Authority Building Control) must hold a certificate in Energy Efficiency for Domestic Heating. This course can help you deliver your responsibilities under the Home Energy Conservation Act. This course is also suitable for engineers working on renewable energies and wish to be registered under the NICEIC MCS Micro Certification Scheme.
In order to take this qualification you must have one of the following:
- Appropriate NVQ Level 3/BTEC or equivalent
- Appropriate industry registration scheme e.g. Gas Safe Register or OFTEC-105E or equivalent
- At least two years industry experience of installation of domestic heating and hot water systems currently un-certificated skills equivalent NVQ Level 3
- At least two years industry experience of design and advice services of domestic heating and hot water systems at NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
This is a one day course and the content includes topics such as:
- Benefits of efficient heating and hot water
- Energy efficiency and the building regulations
- The importance of boiler efficiency
- The importance of an efficient hot water cylinder
- Domestic heating and hot water controls and Commissioning
The training is designed to suit both experienced and new installers, and consists of a daylong workshop covering a range of topics, including new building regulations, climate change and high efficiency condensing boilers. This is followed by a 90-minute multiple-choice test, which if you pass, gives you the new certificate. We will also ensure you receive training material three weeks before the training for self study to be prepared for the training day.
This course is ideal for registered engineers who intend to provide energy advice in the home, develop additional energy advice-giving skills, understand fuel poverty, understand the importance of energy efficiency and how to refer householders for additional assistance. After the course you will be able to certify your own work under the Gas Safe Register.
Share this course with someone you know...
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility. The Cornwall College Group reserves the right to withdraw any course listed at any time.