This foundation degree has been specifically designed and written to ensure that you join the industry fit for purpose, professional and with the ability to respond to its rapidly changing demands. This is achieved by combining formal lectures, hands-on practical experience, the embedding of work-based learning and the incorporation of Cisco vendor qualifications.
Resources are exceptional with access to specialist computer suites, Cisco Regional Network Academy networking facilities, Microsoft Professional Training suites, test centres and an open access suite.
The programme offers you a common first year with the opportunity to specialise in software development or computer networking in the second year. Cisco networking qualifications are embedded within your foundation degree which will help you to gain employment on completion of your programme. We have liaised closely with local industry to identify local needs and the Sector Skills Council, e-skills, to identify national trends in demand.
The programme is broad-based, giving a good grounding in current practice and developments. You have the opportunity to pursue areas of special interest, through optional modules, to focus on computer networking or software development, together with your integrated group project undertaken in Year 2.
During the foundation degree, you will also study towards the Cisco Certified Network Associate and Cisco Certified Cyberskills. This complementary study of academic and industry recognised awards will provide you with a unique qualification, putting you in a strong position for future employment or career progression.
Possible Progression (subject to availability)
– BSc (Hons) Computing final year at Plymouth University
– BSc (Hons) Computing Technologies final year at Camborne
– Programmer or Programme Tester
– IT Analyst
– Government Communications Headquarters Analyst
– Help Desk Support or Website Developer
– Network Administrator, Engineer or Installer
– Network Support Technician
- UCAS Code: I1I3
- Institution codes: CORN C78
- Awarded by: Cornwall College & Plymouth University
48 UCAS points from AS and A-levels or relevant Level 3 qualifications. Plus GCSEs at grade C or above in English language and maths.
Cornwall College Group has been awarded silver in Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)Find out more about TEF
Share this course with someone you know...
Indicative Module Year 1
- Networked Communications Technologies
- Databases & Information Systems
- Converging Technology & Information
- Human Computer Interaction
- Website Development
- Introduction to Programming
- Numerical Solutions in Business
- Personal & Employability Skills Development
Indicative Module Year 2
- Application of E-business Technologies
- Multi-User Databases
- Planning & Managing Projects
- Systems Analysis & Design
- Object Orientated Programming
- IT Management & Security
- Local & Wide Area Networks (optional)
- Visual Programming (optional)
- Server Side Programming (optional)
*Modules are subject to change and availability
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.
Careers advice available
If you are considering an undergraduate programme with us, you may wish to access our free Careers and Employability advice service. This gives you the opportunity to talk with an advisor about career options before, during and after your study with us. To make an appointment, please e-mail: H.E.Advice@cornwall.ac.uk
If you come into the International category (non EU*) and Channel Island (inc. Isle of Man) the tuition fee may vary – click here for full fee information