This programme has been designed to meet the needs of a broad range of students intending to work or working with children, schools or families.
The programme focuses on the effectiveness and importance of preparation for working as part of a multi-agency, multi-disciplinary team. At the same time it provides a range of opportunities for specialisation related to distinct roles within this workforce.
The delivery at Duchy Rosewarne is particularly suitable for people who would like to study full-time outcomes over one day per week.
This foundation degree is essentially the first two years of an honours degree; the third year can be completed as a top-up via a variety of progression routes.
Work-based learning, in its various forms, is one of the major defining characteristics of a foundation degree and you will have the opportunity to reflect upon these learning opportunities in every aspect of this programme.
Possible Progression (subject to availability)
- BA (Hons) Children, Schools & Families final year at St Austell
- BA (Hons) Education & Curriculum Studies final year at St Austell
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies final year at University of Plymouth
- BA (Hons) Education Studies final year at University of Plymouth
– Teacher (Primary)
– Early Years Practitioner or Manager
– Further Education Lecturer
– Child Psychologist
– Social Care Worker
– Early Intervention Worker
– Family Support Worker
– Speech and Language Therapist
– Special Educational Needs Teacher
- UCAS Code: L592 (Duchy Rosewarne), LX59 (Duchy Stoke)
- Institution codes: CORN C78, DUCHY D55
- Awarded by: University of Plymouth
48 UCAS points from AS and A-Levels (at least 32 points must be at A2-level) or relevant level 3 qualification, ie BTEC National Diploma / BTEC Extended Diploma - PPP Grades required (specific unit grades may be requested). Access to HE Diplomas in a relevant subject - 45 credits at level 3 (specific unit grades may be requested). Plus GCSEs at grade C/grade 4 or above in English Language and Mathematics: alternatives at Level 2 may be considered. Mature applicants with relevant experience but without the stated qualifications will be considered individually and are encouraged to apply. Applicants will also need to have appropriate work practice with children, young people and their families.
Cornwall College Group has been awarded silver in Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)Find out more about TEF
Share this course with someone you know...
Course DocumentsFdA Children, schools and Families 2017-18
Indicative Module Year 1
Please see the Indicative Modules of the HNC Children & Young People's Workforce.
Indicative Module Year 2
- Supporting Transitions
- Multi-agency Collaboration
- Inclusive Practice
- Applied Research Practice Project
- Children, Schools and Families (work based learning)
Options (choose one)
- Outdoor Experiential Learning
- Community & Language Revival
- Crime, Young People & the Law
- The Lead Professional
- Working with Disaffected Young People
- Children’s Social Care
- Special Study 2
- The Learning Mentor Role in Schools
- Role of the Play-based Curriculum
- Psychology of Learning & Teaching
- Unlocking Creativity in the Classroom
- Identity, Culture & Society
- Promoting Health for Children & Young People
- Safeguarding Children & Young People 2
*Modules are subject to change and availability
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.
Careers advice available
If you are considering an undergraduate programme with us, you may wish to access our free Careers and Employability advice service. This gives you the opportunity to talk with an advisor about career options before, during and after your study with us. To make an appointment, please e-mail: H.E.Advice@cornwall.ac.uk
If you come into the International category (non EU*) and Channel Island (inc. Isle of Man) the tuition fee may vary – click here for full fee information