If you find yourself in a management or business role and feel there’s more you could do to build on that success, or if you have graduated with a degree other than business and want to break into that market, then this may well be the programme for you.
Our postgraduate certificate and diploma are designed to help you make the most of your career by providing a well-rounded learning experience covering all aspects of business from management to marketing and from finance to international business. All modules are designed around case studies – with a choice of using your own company if you wish. This is a part-time blended course and so the need to be on campus is minimised to fit in with your busy life.
The programme encourages students to develop skills in synthesis and critical understanding as well as enhancing business and management skills. For the student new to business the award allows the formalisation of work related experience into a recognised award. For the business graduate the award offers continued academic study. On completion of the award students have the option of using their diploma to progress to an MBA with Plymouth University by completion of a distance learning dissertation.
This programme will deliver:
A1: latest best practice in the field of business and management
A2: challenge and rigour in thought and presentation
A3: enhanced management, cognitive and analytical skills
A4: enhanced career prospects and employability
A5: enhanced skills in written and oral communication and in research and dissemination
- Overarching approach
- Focus on enterprising solutions and management that allows students to develop skills and aptitudes which emphasise innovation and market orientation.
- Opportunity to apply theory to practice
- Development of analytical, research and group skills which are highly valued by employers.
- An emphasis on enterprise produces skills that are useful for own business creation but equally desirable by large companies and the public sector.
- The award has at its core a belief that a sound grounding in knowledge combined with the skills to synthesise information and critique and challenge received wisdom can lead to better commercial performance.
- Aimed at working managers the award is designed to be delivered fortnightly in an evening with supported learning between sessions. This will provide a balance between support, direct contact and interaction and flexibility.
- As far as possible all assessment is designed around real world case studies that relate directly to the student’s employment.
- Both the College and the delivery team have a solid commitment to enhancing employability and career prospects of all students.
Possible careers available with this qualification:
- Company Director or Manager
- Business or Economic Development Manager
- Human Resource or Retail Manager
- Marketing or Public Relations
- Set-Up Your Own Business
The application process for full-time and part-time degree level courses with The Cornwall College Group starting in September 2017 is still open and we are taking applications. Full-time applicants should apply via UCAS and part-time applicants directly via the College website.
A good honours degree (minimum 2:2) or equivalent in a relevant discipline. Candidates with experience in a relevant area are also encouraged to apply.
Share this course with someone you know...
- Leadership & Management Essentials
- International Business Context & Finance
- Marketing & Strategy
- Operations, Project Management & Research
- Financial Management
- Innovation & New Product Development
*Modules are subject to change and availability
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.
Careers advice available
If you are considering an undergraduate programme with us, you may wish to access our free Careers and Employability advice service. This gives you the opportunity to talk with an advisor about career options before, during and after your study with us. To make an appointment, please e-mail: H.E.Advice@cornwall.ac.uk
If you come into the International category (non EU*) and Channel Island (inc. Isle of Man) the tuition fee may vary – click here for full fee information