Benefits to you:
This workshop is designed to develop the key people management skills you need to be an effective supervisor. You will have the opportunity to explore a range of areas that supervisors are commonly responsible for such as enhancing the effectiveness/performance of your team and the achievement of objectives and results. You will gain understanding on how to overcome barriers to communication and increase your knowledge of how to motivate, manage and lead your team and individuals to meet objectives and deliver results.
Sample topics that may be included are:
Defining Your Role and Responsibilities
- What is required of you? Role and responsibilities
People Management, Team Development and Delegation
- Set personal and team objectives
- Recognise strengths and develop individuals’ potential
- The process of delegation and its benefits
Motivating the Team
- Why motivation is the key to performance
- How to motivate for lasting performance
- Overcome barriers – ensure your communications get results
- Assess and listen to your team’s needs
Overcome People Problems and Difficult Situations
- Understand the decision-making process
- A practical approach technique to problem solving
- Dealing with absence, disciplinary and grievance
Networking opportunities with other supervisors and the benefits of shared practice.
Benefits to your business:
The core skills that are covered within this workshop equip supervisors to deal with a range of common people management areas and develop essential communication and core supervisory skills to boost their confidence and ability to act independently.
- Clarifies job and work expectations
- Provides opportunities for supervisors to determine their own areas of strength and also further development areas
- Allows the individual and the organisation to grow and develop
Share this course with someone you know...
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.