The focus of sociology is people in society. You will examine research which has been carried out by sociologists and others into human behaviour in groups.We are all members of distinct social groups, ethnicity, gender, social class, age etc., and you will examine how an individual’s social background can affect their life chances. You may also be interested in taking this course to
support you in your professional careerin research, law, education, health and social care, or marketing.
Share this course with someone you know...
At least five GCSEs at grade C or grade 5, or above, including English and mathematics and at least a grade B or 6 or 7, in a relevant subject.
Topics of study:
- Role and functions of the education system
- Educational policies
- Relationship of family to the social structure and social change
- Gender roles and power relationships
- Demographic trends
- Educational achievement by social class, gender and ethnicity
- Role and functions of religion in society
- The new media
- Crime, deviance, social order and social control
- Globalisation and crime, green crime and state crime
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.