During this creative and challenging course you will build on movement, choreographic and performance skills, as well as develop an intelligent approach to dance study, dance history and current practice. This course is well respected by universities and dance schools and has a strong reputation because of the drive and dedication of the staff.
Share this course with someone you know...
Dance is a fantastic course if you are interested in developing an academic and practical understanding of the subject.
At least five GCSEs at grade C or grade 5, or above, including English and mathematics and at least a grade B or grade 6 or 7, in a relevant subject.
Topics of study:
- Performance and choreography: choreograph a solo, duet and trio
- Critical engagement: explore five exciting pieces of professional repertoire, reflection and understanding of own choreographic and performance practice, health and safety in the studio and the dancer’s body
- Performance and choreography: a solo performance linked to a specific practitioner within an area of study, performance in a quartet and
- group choreography
- Critical engagement: knowledge, understanding and critical appreciation of one compulsory and one optional set work and its location
- within a corresponding area of study
A creative and challenging course with a strong reputation based on the drive and dedication of the teaching staff.
The thorough and intelligent approach to dance study, dance history and current practice.
Further studies at university, specialist dance schools or employment.
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.