You may apply for the one year HNC or the two year HND.
This programme is for you if you’re looking for a more practical, vocational route into higher education. Media Production is a handson programme that provides the practical expertise needed for first jobs in film and TV and online media.
You’ll get the chance to make a range of media products from short narrative films and documentaries, through to promotional videos and websites to professional standards. You will have the opportunity to gain a full range of practical skills within both a theoretical and workplace environment.
The mix of academic rigour and workplace experience gives you a unique opportunity to develop your career within a challenging educative framework. This is ensured by the academic staff and a programme of guest lecturers and masterclasses delivered by working producers, directors and camera, lighting and sound specialists.
The majority of the programme is taught by media professionals who bring an understanding of professional pragmatism to the process; through which you can develop subject-specific skills.
The programme is delivered in our wellequipped television studio and our excellent video editing suites. We have a full range of professional media equipment and software to enable you to develop transferable skills for the rapidly changing contemporary media industry.
Possible Progression (subject to availability)
– Honours-level final year in related subjects at other institutions
– TV Industry
– Film Industry
– Music Industry
– Online media
- UCAS Code: 36WP (HNC), 63PW (HND
- Institution codes: CORN C78
- Awarded by: Cornwall College & Plymouth University
48 UCAS points from AS and A-levels or relevant Level qualifications. Plus GCSEs at grade C or above in English language and maths. A show reel or portfolio of work will also be
required at interview.
Cornwall College Group has been awarded silver in Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)Find out more about TEF
Share this course with someone you know...
Indicative Module Year 1
- Contextual Studies for Creative Media Production
- Research Techniques & Subject Investigation for Media Production
- Television Studio Production
- Script to Screen Fiction Production for the Moving Image
- Pitch & Presentation Techniques for Media Production
- Promotional Video Production
Indicative Module Year 2
- Career Development for the Moving Image Industries
- Work Experience in the Media Sector
- Managing a Creative Business
- Moving Image Documentary Production
- Pioneers of the Moving Image
- Website Creation & Management
*Modules are subject to change and availability
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.
Careers advice available
If you are considering an undergraduate programme with us, you may wish to access our free Careers and Employability advice service. This gives you the opportunity to talk with an advisor about career options before, during and after your study with us. To make an appointment, please e-mail: H.E.Advice@cornwall.ac.uk
If you come into the International category (non EU*) and Channel Island (inc. Isle of Man) the tuition fee may vary – click here for full fee information