This course is designed to develop your skills in Microsoft Excel to enable you to use a software application designed to record data in rows and columns, perform calculations with numerical data and present information using charts and graphs. On completion of this course a learner should be able to select and use a wide range of intermediate spreadsheet software tools and techniques to produce, present and check spreadsheets. You could also get accreditation with City & Guilds for a nationally recognised qualification.
Cost: £320 accredited with City & Guilds or £280 non-accredited.
Benefits to your business:
This course will benefit your business by having staff who can use Microsoft Excel to record data in rows and columns, perform calculations with numerical data and present information using charts and graphs. On completion of this course the learner should be able to select and use a wide range of intermediate spreadsheet software tools and techniques to produce, present and check spreadsheets. Optional City & Guilds accreditation to qualify your staff with a nationally recognised qualification.
You will learn how to:
Use a spreadsheet to enter, edit and organise numerical and other data
- Identify what numerical and other information is needed in the spreadsheet and how it should be structured
- Enter and edit numerical and other data accurately
- Combine and link data across worksheets
- Store and retrieve spreadsheet files effectively, in line with local guidelines and conventions where available
Select and use appropriate formulas and data analysis tools to meet requirements
- Identify which tools and techniques to use to analyse and manipulate data to meet requirements
- Select and use a range of appropriate functions and formulas to meet calculation requirements
- Use a range of tools and techniques to analyse and manipulate data to meet requirements
Select and use tools and techniques to present and format spreadsheet information
- Plan how to present and format spreadsheet information effectively to meet needs
- Select and use appropriate tools and techniques to format spreadsheet cells, rows, columns and worksheets
- Select and format an appropriate chart or graph type to display selected information
- Select and use appropriate page layout to present and print spreadsheet information
- Check information meets needs, using spreadsheet tools and making corrections as necessary
- Describe how to find errors in spreadsheet formulas
- Respond appropriately to any problems with spreadsheets
Share this course with someone you know...
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility. The Cornwall College Group reserves the right to withdraw any course listed at any time.