Whatever your role in the food industry, this qualification is a staple for employment, food safety and overall customer health and wellbeing. You will cover a syllabus underlying the fundamentals of all relevant aspects towards maintaining food safety regulations whilst at the same time gaining a nationally recognised qualification from the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health. This is a taught session with the benefit of having the tutor available in the group.
Your business will benefit from having an employee who has received an environmental health authority recognised qualification from a nationally recognised awarding body, Highfield. In addition, no matter what stage of food production, storage or delivery your business facilitates, you can remain confident that all safety methods and precautions are adhered to.
Share this course with someone you know...
You work in the food industry and wish to gain a qualification from the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
The following subject areas will be covered:
- Bacteriology – characteristics of bacteria and their potential to cause illness and spoil food
- Food poisoning – definition and foods most commonly responsible
- Prevention of food poisoning and food contamination/ practical methods of control
- Personal hygiene
- Premises, equipment and pest control
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Legislation – an outline of current legislation affecting food handlers and food
Tuition 9am – 3:30pm followed by a multiple choice exam 3:30pm – 4:30pm.
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.