This is a follow on course from the Level 3 AAT Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship. During this course you will learn finance team leader skills e.g. financial statements for limited companies, complex management accounting tasks, management skills and specialist learning areas.
Upon completion you will automatically become an AAT affiliate member and with relevant work experience will qualify for AAT full membership.
Individuals in the role of a Professional Accounting Technician will have responsibility for creating, and / or verifying and reviewing accurate and timely financial information within the organisation in which they are employed or on behalf of another organisation. This will be performed in order to meet relevant ethical, professional and legal standards and will utilise the individual’s knowledge of the business systems and processes, as well as standard accounting and tax practices. This role may exist in an accounting practice, a professional services company, HMRC or the accounting function of a business or other organisation.
An apprenticeship is a great way to gain a qualification and earn money at the same time. At the end of the course, you will have a nationally recognised qualification.
Share this course with someone you know...
You would like to gain on the job experience whilst studying.
To enrol on this course you need to have successfully completed the AAT Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship.
Please enquire if you are at all unsure as to your suitability and the course manager will be happy to discuss the course and its content with you.
A commitment to study outside college attendance is important.
During this apprenticeship, you will learn financial team leader skills, including financial statements for limited companies, complex management skills and specialist learning areas. This apprenticeship also focuses on developing your essential business skills to support you in the working environment.
- Financial Statements - This unit is concerned with competence in drafting and interpreting the financial statements of limited companies. It ensures that learners understand what information is required to be provided, how it is to be presented to users of the financial statements and how the rules and principles established in IFRS apply to the process of drafting financial statements.
- Budgeting - Budgets are an essential tool in planning, coordinating, authorising and cost control. Drafting Budgets requires new skills to create appropriate forecasts and budgets for a wide range of activities and circumstances; to agree the budgets with other functional managers and to monitor results against budget and trigger suitable management interventions.
- Financial Performance - Learners will have the knowledge to be able to use a range of techniques to analyse information on expenditure. They will be able to make judgements to support decision making, planning and control by managers. Learners will have the skills to collect and analyse information, monitor performance, and present reports to management.
- Two of the following options will also be covered – the choice will be based on learner demand so not all of the options will be available:
- Personal Tax
- Cash Management
- Business Tax
- Credit Management & Control
- External Audit
You will be required to submit a portfolio of evidence to the AAT for review and undertake a professional discussion.
To be responsible for your own AAT membership fee. This much be current in order to be entered for exams.
Upon successful completion, you can progress onto a Chartered accountancy qualification such as CIMA which is offered by Cornwall College.
“The AAT Accounting Qualification will start you on the path to a successful accounting and finance career. Recognised by leading employers in the UK and around the world, this is the perfect qualification whether you’re starting out, already working in finance, or looking to gain the skills to change career.” - AAT
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility. The Cornwall College Group reserves the right to withdraw any course listed at any time.