This course is the introduction to the suite of NPTC Certificate of Competence chainsaw qualifications.
The course runs every month for a duration of 3 days. Please contact us for information on dates and times.
You will cover the following –
- Basic use and maintenance of the chainsaw
- Current health and safety legislation and safety clothing (PPE) guidance
- Fuel mixtures and lubricants
- Power unit, safety features, recoil starter
- Chain identification, bar maintenance, sharpening
- Hot and cold start
- Chainsaw handling and cutting techniques
Share this course with someone you know...
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility. The Cornwall College Group reserves the right to withdraw any course listed at any time.