This course will enable you to use Word Press web-based tool for planning, designing and building websites. On completion of this unit you will be able to select and use a wide range of intermediate website software tools and techniques to produce multiple-page websites.
Benefits to your business:
This course will give your staff the creative skills to design, plan and build websites using website software tools and techniques appropriately to produce multiple-page websites. They will be able to use their skills to maintain your business presence in the digital field.
Share this course with someone you know...
Create structures and styles for websites
- Describe what website content and layout will be needed for each page
- Plan and create web page templates to layout
- Select and use website features and structures to help the user navigate round web pages within the site
- Create, select and use styles to keep the appearance of web pages consistent and make them easy to understand
- Describe how copyright and other constraints may affect the website
- Describe what access issues may need to be taken into account
- Describe what file types to use for saving content
- Store and retrieve files effectively, in line with local guidelines and conventions where available
Use website software tools to prepare content for websites
- Prepare content for web pages so that it is ready for editing and formatting
- Organise and combine information needed for web pages including across different software
- Select and use appropriate editing and formatting techniques to aid both clarity and navigation
- Select and use appropriate development techniques to link information across pages
- Change the file formats appropriately for content
- Check web pages meet needs, using IT tools and making corrections as necessary
- Select and use appropriate testing methods to check that all elements of websites are working as planned
- Identify any quality problems with websites and how to respond to them
- Select and use an appropriate programme to upload and publish the website
- Respond appropriately to problems with multiple page websites
It is possible to diversify with our Microsoft Office courses in Excel and Word introduction, Intermediate or Advanced levels to further extend your skills and abilities in the digital field.
Moving on, you can complete one of our Adobe software courses in Photoshop, InDesign or Illustrator introduction or intermediate levels where you can develop your digital skills.
*Courses listed on this website are indicative of the subject, nature and level of study. The college reserves the right to alter specific qualifications titles, awarding bodies and levels of qualification, which can change in year. Any cost may also vary, based on personal funding eligibility.