Teaching Assistant Apprentice with Curious School of the Wild
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to gain an apprenticeship whilst working outdoors with children in all weathers!
- You will be involved in all manner of things in a supportive and creative role starting and ending with the set up and break down of daily sessions.
- Second breakfast is provided every day as part of our outdoor education accessibility ethos and you will be involved in making delicious outdoor food.
- There is a huge variety in the role and you will be supporting sessions through training and passing on skills in different settings either to a group or on a 1:1 basis. Our students range from 2-17 years with a range of experiences including those with Special Educational Needs.
Children thrive when they learn through play and this will be a huge part of the role. You will learn to:
- Provide constructive and specific feedback
- Support pupils, helping them to achieve their maximum potential socially, emotionally and academically through peer marking and reflection.
- You will optimise learning opportunities and reflect on their personal development.
You will learn to understand the need to provide feedback to support and facilitate an appropriate level of independence. You will also learn to understand current statutory guidance including ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education Part 1’, safeguarding policies and Prevent Strategy.
You will build appropriate relationships with colleagues, pupils. parents, adults and stakeholders.
We provide different skills opportunities such as ‘make days’ or ‘woodland days’ so you could be making jewellery or building dens and anything in between.
All of our work is outdoors and we work in a range of settings. You may find yourself in a woodland or a playground, on a moorland or a beach.
We also arrange community events and love to show off our outdoor cooking skills so you could be cooking pumpkin soup over the bonfire at Halloween in the local park.
You will behave in a manner consistent with the values and culture of the business.