Metal Fabricator Engineering Apprentice
Minear Engineering Ltd are seeking a motivated and hardworking individual to join their team and gain an insight into the industry.
The successful candidate will work alongside the skilled team in the metal department. You will be responsible for assembling finished products using tools, machines and your own hands.
Daily duties will include
- Shadowing staff in the fabrication of numerous components and structures within the factory area
- Cut, roll, shape, bend, mould, spin, heat or hammer metal products to fabricate parts
- Heat treat metal parts and components
- Set up and operate hand and machine tools and welding equipment
- Assemble parts and structures by lining up and joining them by welding, bolting or riveting
- Finish products by cleaning, polishing, filing or bathing them in acid solutions
Initially training will be required on the various metal working plant and time given in the working day to practice welding, including: