IT Service Desk Analyst Apprentice Level 3 with King’s College London
King’s Service Centre based at Quintrell Downs, Newquay is looking for IT Service Desk Apprentices who will work up to a fully-fledged Service Desk Analyst. You will play a key role in the delivery of high-quality technical IT to staff and students of Kings’ College London, delivering exceptional customer satisfaction and a personalised service.
This position requires a high percentage of incident resolution, request fulfilment, problem-solving and technical skills using various diagnostic tools. In addition, interpersonal skills are required to assist customers, providing the highest levels of resolution, support and customer satisfaction, in-line with King’s Service Centre’s policies and procedures.
The Service Desk Analyst will be handling frontline queries received from various sources including, however not limited to email and telephone. The post holder will work as part of the Service Desk team and it is vital that the post holder has excellent IT, communication and customer care skills.
The Service Desk Analyst will work closely with colleagues in King’s IT as well as other key stakeholders and will use the IT Service Management software to record incidents and service requests.
The Service Centre operates between 24 hours a day x 7 days a week x 365 days a year. You will work as part of a rota covering hours 7am to 10pm including weekends and bank holidays. Details of individual rotas are available 6 months in advance. You will be working in a team reporting to the IT Service Desk Team Leader. The post holder will need to be flexible with working hours to accommodate staff rotas cover some weekend, bank holiday and university closure days as necessary.
Main duties will include:
- Record and where possible, resolve customer queries using various diagnostic tools, knowledge and interpersonal skills
- Own and progress incidents and service requests with other technical teams, on the customer’s behalf, following up to ensure prompt resolution, whilst the customer is kept informed of progress
- Provide the highest levels of customer support and satisfaction in-line with policy and procedures
- Responsible for answering telephone calls in a polite and timely manner, whilst achieving agreed call wait levels
- To ensure all calls are logged accurately, prioritised and categorised correctly with all relevant information being recorded
- Ensure that all emails are logged correctly and in a timely manner and that all information is accurately collated to enable the Service Desk, or other teams, to easily assess the requirements and respond to customers and the business within the agreed service level targets
- To ensure that Operational Level Agreement and Service Level Agreement levels are adhered to at all times
- To prioritise workload and escalate high priority calls to the Service Desk Team Leader, Service Desk Manager or Head of Service Management as necessary
- To work using own initiative and work within a team environment
- To understand and undertake the roles and responsibilities outlined in the Incident management process to the highest standard
- To act as champion for the King’s Service Centre incident management process, leading by example and educating colleagues both within IT Services and the wider College on best practices
- To strive to deliver continual service improvement, proactively suggesting improvements to the incident management process or other process areas as identified
- To maintain a comprehensive understanding of the Service Desk Knowledgebase and CMS, using these tools to deliver an unparalleled customer service experience
- To maintain an awareness of incident trends and report these to the Service Desk Team Leader in a timely manner
- To strive to attain the highest possible first-time service resolution rate for customers
- To actively promote the Service Desk team to adhere to good practice and ITIL process wherever necessary
- To liaise with other members of the Service Desk in relation to Incidents and Service Requests and to maintain strong general communication lines
- To liaise with members of the IT Services teams, to ensure good communication is established and information is readily passed to and from this team
- To maintain an up-to-date level of knowledge with regards to technology, in particular security policies and King’s Service Centre/ King’s College standards
The role holder would be expected to develop a comprehensive knowledge of the King’s College business plans and organisation, including key users of technology and their needs. This will require:
- An excellent telephone manner is required together with the ability to handle challenging support situations with a calm and methodical approach
- Good interpersonal skills for written, oral and face to face communications, both within Technology and the business
- To help embed a culture of self-sufficiency amongst the customer community by actively promoting customer self-service and self-help channels – online forms, user documentation etc.
- Ensure awareness of Kings Business Ltd Health and Safety requirements
- Undertake such other duties within the scope of the post as may, from time to time, be assigned by the Head of Department
- The role holder will receive an incentive payment for attaining the highest level of customer satisfaction and meeting all related Service Desk targets
- Understand IT’s vision in delivering Kings’ College’s strategy in supporting delivery of an excellent student experience, excellence in research and efficient administration