Business Administration Apprentice
The Bosvena 3 Harbours Primary Care Network in Mid-Cornwall is looking to recruit a Business Administration Apprentice to work at Middleway Surgery, St. Blazey.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of our practices within our Primary Care Network and will enable the right candidate to progress towards completion of a Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship whilst working as part of our Primary Care teams.
The role will be based at Middleway Surgery, St. Blazey. There will be the opportunity to work as part of an Admin team and learn new skills and gain relevant experience.
The Practice will work with Cornwall College as their Apprenticeship Training Provider and the apprentice will be offered fortnightly sessions through the college and will work towards completion of their portfolio to attain a recognised qualification. There is an expectation that you will complete this qualification as part of the role.
The role will include key areas including:
- Reception work and telephony skills
- Scanning and document processing
- Use of appointment system and dedicated computer software packages
- Patient registrations and admin duties
- Assisting with the provision of Admin support for practice teams
- To provide a point of contact for patients and to act as a focal point of communication between patients, GPs and other medical staff
- To work as part of a team of receptionists, ensuring a professional image
- Assist patients with medication requests ensuring they are passed to the appropriate team
- Action and be included in a team for workflow and tasks generated by other members of the clinical and admin teams
- Learn additional skills to help with patient enquiries and signpost patients accordingly to appropriate local services