Business Administration Apprentice
The Cornwall College Group’s core purpose is ‘Making Learning Work’.
Our evolving strategic intent is to enable inclusive access to a high quality, career led curriculum, developed in partnership with learners, employers and key stakeholders in Cornwall and beyond.
Generic role of post:
This is an apprenticeship role and alongside your work with us, you will complete your Business Administration Apprenticeship.
This is a key role within the Business-to-Business department that requires initiative, drive and accuracy in order to ensure that the administrative functions and data entry in our apprenticeship e – portfolio system are up to date, and are accurate enabling our apprentices, their employers and our staff full access to this system.
To provide an efficient and effective administrative service within the Business to Business team, in line with TCCG priorities, policies and procedures. Meeting deadlines, working with minimal supervision and supporting the promotion of a ‘Right First Time’ quality ethos within TCCG to underpin our world class service to the learner and employer journey.
- Support with dealing with inbound staff, learner and employer calls/emails in an efficient manner to ensure every customer receives a great customer experience
- Daily admin duties such as filing, photocopying, managing a diary and making and receiving telephone calls
- Ensure that information is correctly entered and recorded on our apprenticeship e-portfolio system (or any other required system) and accurately maintained at all times
- Work collaboratively with the B2B and curriculum teams to gain the required information necessary for the role
- Undertake training in relevant aspects of our systems input to ensure that the administration of learning activity is carried out in line with TCCG procedures, operational requirements and to meet critical deadlines
- Assist team members in setting up of courses, learners, employers and staff on the system
- Provide information to colleagues upon request, in line with Data Protection and Safeguarding guidelines
- Actively work with colleagues to seek new ways of working to ensure all processes supporting the administrative service within TCCG are efficient and effective but compliant with relevant regulations
- Follow a programme of planned staff development as identified through the TCCG Performance Management System
- In the spirit of good teamwork, be willing to undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Lead Practitioner for Adult Offer, Apprenticeship Recruitment and CCB Systems in order to assist with the quality and continuation of support provided by the B2B team. This may include providing holiday and sickness cover on base and other TCCG sites as necessary to maintain service, and occasional support to other curriculum administration activity as appropriate and deemed necessary