Apprentice Tree Surgeon with John Hurle and Sons Ltd
Sorry, the application deadline has passed for this vacancy. There are plenty of other vacancies, so be sure to keep looking!
What will the apprentice be doing?
The lucky candidate would get involved with all aspects of tree surgery, planting and maintenance in an apprentice capacity. Some duties will include:
- Learn to fell trees.
- Help with general forestry work.
- Planting and fencing.
- Possibility of tree climbing once training has been provided.
- Possible progression to machine operating and ATV driving.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This apprenticeship will be delivered through a combination of:
- Arborist Standard Level 2
- Work based assessments
- College attendance at Bicton College which will be in block weeks
- English and maths Functional Skills, if required
- Level 3 award in emergency first aid at work
- Level 2 award in safe use of brushwood chipper
- Traffic Management (NRSWA Unit 002 Signing, Lighting and Guarding) OR Sector Scheme 12D
- Level 2 award in chainsaw maintenance
- Level 2 award in crosscutting timber using a chainsaw
- Level 2 award in felling and processing trees up to 380mm
- Level 2 award in accessing a tree using a rope and harness
- Level 3 award in aerial tree rescue operations
- Level 3 award in aerial cutting of trees using free fall techniques
- Level 2 award in safe use of mobile elevated work platform
- Level 3 award in use of a chainsaw from a Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of full-time employment for the right person.