An exciting opportunity has arisen to become an Apprentice Technician working for Becton Dickinson Plymouth. BD are searching for four enthusiastic candidates to join the team and start their career!
Mechatronics Maintenance Technicians ensure that plant and equipment perform to the required standard to facilitate production targets regarding Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost within High Value Manufacturing environments.
The work will cover a broad range of activities including installation, testing, fault finding and the on-going planned maintenance of complex automated equipment. This requires the application of a complex blend of skills, knowledge and occupational behaviours across the electrical, electronic, mechanical, fluid power and control systems disciplines.
You will be trained to:
- Read and interpret relevant data and documentation used to maintain components, equipment and systems
- Carry out condition monitoring of plant and equipment
- Carry out planned maintenance activities on plant and equipment
- Carrying out complex fault diagnosis and repair activities on high technology engineered systems such as, mechanical equipment, fluid and pneumatic power equipment, electrical and electronic equipment and process control equipment
- Carrying out confirmation testing and subsequent smooth hand over of equipment and plant
- Support the installation, testing and commissioning of equipment (where applicable)
- Contribute to the business by identifying possible opportunities for improving working practices, processes and/or procedures