Apprentice Student Finance Administrator
Cornwall College is offering an exciting opportunity to join their Student Finance team as an administrator. In this Apprenticeship you can ‘Earn as you learn!’
The primary purpose of the role is to support our learners with all aspects of student finance including; bursaries, student travel and free college meals. To ensure student bursaries are accurately awarded, in a timely and efficient manner that enables our learners to gain access to funds to support them with their learning.
The role is a training and development role and therefore, training will be provided for all activity listed below and supported throughout the apprenticeship.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Assess student bursary applications by checking eligibility against qualifying criteria, by obtaining relevant evidence
- Support with the communication of regular and timely updates to learners on the progress of their bursary application to promote excellent customer service
- Use college systems to accurately update allocated bursary awards
- Schedule and release monthly bursary payments for transport and childcare, based on student attendance and eligibility
- Understand how free college meals are allocated and record these on college systems
- Support the Student Finance team in building a central knowledge base of resources/equipment that can be purchased through the bursary fund, in readiness for the beginning of term
- Ordering and purchasing resources for learners, using allocated bursary funds that allow the best value for money
- Enrol and complete the Business Administration apprenticeship programme; attend fortnightly taught sessions, put together a portfolio of evidence and complete the end point assessment to achieve the apprenticeship qualification
- This role may require travel to other sites and working with staff members across the group. It may also require some occasional weekend and evening work to support recruitment activities
- Be willing to undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Central Enquiries and Student Finance Manager or other member of the college management team