Stock Room Assistant, British Heart Foundation Sidmouth
If you like to be organised and want to make a difference behind the scenes, we’ve got a role for you. We need volunteers in our sort room to help us organise and prepare the donations we receive so they are ready for sale. You can run your own department, and help with a variety of tasks.
Whether you’re a lover of vintage clothing, books, music films or fashion, or just fancy the company of other friendly volunteers, the stock room is the place to be. This role is perfect for enhancing your CV and skill set to gain experience of a work place and how a shop is organised and operates.
Typical tasks include:
- Sorting out donated items and preparing them for sale
- Using a clothes steamer and tagging price labels on to clothing items
- Identifying unsaleable donations for recycling
- Keeping the sort room organised and tidy
You get a lot from volunteering too:
- A chance to work in a friendly team, make new friends & meet a diverse group
- The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
- The ability to gain valuable retail experience to add to your CV and learn new skills
*ONGOING PLACEMENTS AVAILABLE*