The newly refurbished Learning Centre offers first-class facilities and support to all students including those with special requirements. Friendly staff are here to help you with all your IT and study needs throughout the week. You will find books, magazines and DVDs covering a wide range of subjects with a strong marine emphasis including boatbuilding, marine science and RYA course materials. Whether your passion is dolphins or you are looking for a book on deep-sea diving or how to repair your dinghy, you will find something to fit the bill.
There is a small fiction collection plus lots of inspiring reading on adventure and survival at sea. You will be able to work at a computer with internet access whenever you are not in class, with colour printing and scanning available. There are digital cameras for loan and pens, pencils etc, for sale.
The Learning Centre also holds a collection of careers material for when you start your job search or are choosing which university to go on to.
Monday - Wednesday: 08:30-18:00
Generally 09:00-16:30 but watch the notices for any changes.
- A team of dedicated staff who have good IT, research and info-skills
- Individual and group study space including networked computers, printers and a scanner
- Books, journals, local and national newspapers, fiction, CDs, DVDs and videos
- Maps and charts
- Computer catalogue of available resources (accessible from any internet computer)
- Access to the Internet, the Cornwall College intranet, Moodle, the University of Plymouth portal and a growing collection of electronic/online resources
- Guillotine, comb binder and laminator
- Digital and video cameras for loan
- Careers information
- Stationery for sale
To browse the Learning Services Online Catalogue go to http://webopac.cornwall.ac.uk/