NEWS IN DETAIL...
College students take the mile challenge for Sports Relief
Cornwall College students from the Sports & Public Services faculty at Camborne took part in a charity run in aid of Sports Relief.
Staff and students at Camborne donned their best running shoes and took to the streets to run or walk the mile around campus to raise money for BBC's Sports Relief. The effort made by staff and students of the faculty as well as others across the campus raised a total of £200 - which could pay for 40 malaria injections in some of the poorest countries in Africa.
All participants were encouraged to take part in the race in fancy dress, which resulted in students dressing up in pyjamas and various farmyard costumes. One of the more impressive costumes was the "Little Miss Cornish Pasty" worn by Public Services lecturer at Cornwall College, Dan Brown.
Higher Education Programme Leader for Sport at Cornwall College, Phil Toy, said: "The Sport and Public Services department were pleased to see such a large turnout for the Cornwall College Sport Relief mile. The students made a great effort setting up the event with the staff in order to raise money for a fantastic cause. Thanks to all of you who ran, walked, and marshalled the event!"
Mahala Smith, original from Lymington but now studying Foundation Degree Sport, Health and Fitness at Cornwall College and living in Camborne, said: "I thought that the Sport Relief mile was fun, everybody was motivated and it's such a great way to raise money for such a worthy cause."
Dave Linnell, Principal of Cornwall College, said: "This was a well organised event by all involved and for a really worthy cause. Students and staff had a great time taking part in the race in fancy dress costumes and even the traditional pasty made an appearance, great fun had by all."
- Access Courses
- Arts and Media
- Automotive Engineering
- Built Environment
- Business and Secretarial
- Community Education (Leisure Courses)
- Education and Teaching
- Foundation Studies
- Hair, Beauty and Holistics
- Early Years and Health Care
- Hotel and Catering Studies
- IT and Computing
- Leisure, Tourism and Sport
- Public Services
- Social Work, Social Sciences and Healthcare Professions
- Wednesday Evening Unaffiliated Showjumping - 22nd May 2013, 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Wednesday Evening Unaffiliated Showjumping - 29th May 2013, 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Affiliated Cornish Dressage Festival from 1st Jun 2013 to 2nd Jun 2013
- Unaffiliated Cornish Dressage Festival - 2nd Jun 2013, 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday Evening Unaffiliated Showjumping - 5th Jun 2013, 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Wednesday Evening Unaffiliated Showjumping - 12th Jun 2013, 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Wednesday Evening Unaffiliated Showjumping - 19th Jun 2013, 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Open Day & Summer Food Festival from 22nd Jun 2013 to 23rd Jun 2013
- Duchy College Rosewarne Open Day - 23rd Jun 2013, 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Information Morning - 23rd Nov 2013, 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Information Morning - 25th Jan 2014, 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Information Morning - 15th Mar 2014, 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Students use St George to help fundraise for charity - Posted: 29th Apr 2013
- Free Art workshops at Camborne throughout May - Posted: 26th Apr 2013
- Magical Disney trip for students - Posted: 23rd Apr 2013
- Celebrity chefs launch forum at Cornwall College - Posted: 23rd Apr 2013
- dBs MUSIC CORNWALL OPEN EVENT & MUSIC INDUSTRY SEMINAR - Posted: 23rd Apr 2013
- World forum beckons for college's ex student - Posted: 18th Apr 2013
- Ryan produces quality videos for industry - Posted: 11th Apr 2013
- Global menus go down a treat at Cornwall College - Posted: 11th Apr 2013
- Top NUS roles for former A-level students - Posted: 11th Apr 2013
- Challenging the perceptions of industry? - Posted: 10th Apr 2013
- Grace Jones' bass player inspires college students - Posted: 10th Apr 2013
- Education event success for college - Posted: 9th Apr 2013
- Power of photography helps college celebrate diversity - Posted: 3rd Apr 2013
- Art students create and design exhibition at Heartlands - Posted: 26th Mar 2013
- College hosts beauty day for salon owners - Posted: 19th Mar 2013
Cornwall College Camborne