NEWS IN DETAIL...
dBs Music Showcases Courses
Aspiring DJs, music producers, sound engineers and performers had the chance to find out how to achieve their dream career when dBs Music officially launched in the county on Wednesday 14th March.
The specialist music technology course provider, based in state-of-the-art facilities at Cornwall College Camborne, saw its first students through the door in September and is now shouting about its success by launching even more courses and inviting potential students, local school pupils, parents and VIPs to discover what the dBs Music experience can offer.
Local secondary school students took part in workshops during the day with specialist lecturers teaching them the tricks of the trade.
Emily Ryder-Pollard, a Year 10 student from Pool Academy, said: “It’s been a really good day. They’ve shown us all the options available. It’s a great music department. I got involved in lots of different things like using keyboards linked to computers and a drum workshop. I’d definitely consider a career in music in the future. I take singing lessons outside of school so this has been a great chance to see what courses I can do close to home.”
The celebration event, planned to coincide with National Science and Engineering Week, opened to the public in the afternoon where visitors had the chance to try out some headphones for size, tour the facilities, find out about the opportunities on offer and sit in the producer’s seat behind a sound desk. Current dBs students showcased their skills with live performances and DJ sets.
Courses on offer include BTEC Extended Diplomas in: Creative Sound Engineering & Music Technology which covers the entire subject area including recording, remixing, film sound, live sound, TV, theatre and radio; Creative DJ Production which focuses on the skills relevant to those interested in electronica, dance music and DJ Production; Music Performance which is a practical hands-on course for musicians, singers and composers who want to work towards a career in the music industry; and Radio Production which provides hands-on radio-making skills and expertise including the development of entrepreneurial, journalistic and communication skills.
dBs Music is a well-respected in the music industry for offering top quality training and has over ten years’ experience of providing courses in Plymouth.
For more information visit www.dbsmusic.co.uk
- Access Courses
- Arts and Media
- Automotive Engineering
- Built Environment
- Business and Secretarial
- Community Education (Leisure Courses)
- Education and Teaching
- Foundation Studies
- Hair, Beauty and Holistics
- Early Years and Health Care
- Hotel and Catering Studies
- IT and Computing
- Leisure, Tourism and Sport
- Public Services
- Social Work, Social Sciences and Healthcare Professions
- Wednesday Evening Unaffiliated Showjumping - 29th May 2013, 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Affiliated Cornish Dressage Festival from 1st Jun 2013 to 2nd Jun 2013
- Unaffiliated Cornish Dressage Festival - 2nd Jun 2013, 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Wednesday Evening Unaffiliated Showjumping - 5th Jun 2013, 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Wednesday Evening Unaffiliated Showjumping - 12th Jun 2013, 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Wednesday Evening Unaffiliated Showjumping - 19th Jun 2013, 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Open Day & Summer Food Festival from 22nd Jun 2013 to 23rd Jun 2013
- Duchy College Rosewarne Open Day - 23rd Jun 2013, 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Information Morning - 23rd Nov 2013, 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Information Morning - 25th Jan 2014, 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Information Morning - 15th Mar 2014, 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Students use St George to help fundraise for charity - Posted: 29th Apr 2013
- Free Art workshops at Camborne throughout May - Posted: 26th Apr 2013
- Magical Disney trip for students - Posted: 23rd Apr 2013
- Celebrity chefs launch forum at Cornwall College - Posted: 23rd Apr 2013
- dBs MUSIC CORNWALL OPEN EVENT & MUSIC INDUSTRY SEMINAR - Posted: 23rd Apr 2013
- World forum beckons for college's ex student - Posted: 18th Apr 2013
- Ryan produces quality videos for industry - Posted: 11th Apr 2013
- Global menus go down a treat at Cornwall College - Posted: 11th Apr 2013
- Top NUS roles for former A-level students - Posted: 11th Apr 2013
- Challenging the perceptions of industry? - Posted: 10th Apr 2013
- Grace Jones' bass player inspires college students - Posted: 10th Apr 2013
- Education event success for college - Posted: 9th Apr 2013
- Power of photography helps college celebrate diversity - Posted: 3rd Apr 2013
- Art students create and design exhibition at Heartlands - Posted: 26th Mar 2013
Cornwall College Camborne