Staff at Cornwall College have a range of expertise and have a particular interest in consultancy activities for the benefit of Cornwall. Some of the types of consultancy are listed below. If you have a general enquiry concerning specialist consultancy please contact the HE Support Administrator(email@example.com) to explore possibilities.
Cornwall Air Quality Unit
The Cornwall Air Quality Unit (CAQU) is an independent local air quality consultancy based at Cornwall College in Pool. The CAQU provides a variety of bespoke services for Cornwall Council, local businesses and the general public, offering unbiased expertise in air quality monitoring.
- Is experienced in producing Air Quality Impact Assessments using the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges methodology, Webtag and other modelling software for developments.
- Holds a comprehensive air quality monitoring database for locations within Cornwall and are able to provide data on current and historic pollutant levels for use in assessments.
- Is experienced in providing bespoke air quality monitoring programmes for construction site monitoring.
- Is experienced at workplace monitoring to fulfil Health & Safety/COSHH requirements.
- Works closely with Cornwall Council to produce a variety of action plans and documentation.
As the CAQU is based in Cornwall it is able to offer the above services at a cost which reflects its local status and will respond to customer requirements in a timely manner.
Should you require information, a quotation or advice on air quality services please feel free to contact us.
Tel: 01209 616194.
Cornwall College Business Cornwall College Business is the Business school of the Combined Universities in Cornwall (CUC). CCB provides excellent and innovative business education and skills development, and is a resource for research that is relevant to Cornwall’s economic needs (and especially the needs of business within its wider social and community context).
CCB specialises in accountancy, business studies, counselling, education, law, management studies, and social science. The School’s research output reflects its interdisciplinary nature and positions it as a key player in the South West in identifying, raising, and meeting the aspirations and expectations of Cornwall’s population and its organisations.
Cornwall College Business has a varied and talented mix of skills that are available for consultancy work. These skills have been applied in a range of business, social, community and education projects. The following list is an example of these projects.
- An examination of the socio-economic structure of the South West using geodemographics to assist the debate into increasing widening participation into higher education.
- The impact of the "In Pursuit of Excellence" initiative in raising awareness of business excellence within Cornwall
- Developing a SME benchmarking model as part of the Learning Towns initiative
- Determining the training needs analysis for the start-up business and the degree of training undertaken prior to start-up
- Providing a regional blueprint on training provision and needs for The Learning Connection project and mapping the socio-economic structure of that provision
- Determining the impact of the Government's Technology Foresight programme on SMEs in Cornwall and the level of awareness of this programme
- The effectiveness of the care support worker structure in primary care
- The impact of environmental studies in providing Cornwall with the skills required to meet the environmental challenge
- Setting up a one point of entry facility on the internet for SME owner-managers to access a wide range of information and databases
- Piloting of the SME benchmarking model in three towns - Barnstaple, Bridgewater and Penzance
Cornwall College Ecological Consultancy
Staff within the Centre for Science have specialist knowledge of aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems and are able to carry out a broad range of ecological/environmental surveys. One area of particular interest is the assessment of water quality and the impact of pollutants on freshwater invertebrates.
For further information contact:
Dr Bruce Forrest
Centre for Science
Tel: +44(0)1209 611611
Fax: +44(0)1209 616193