ACTIVITY CENTRE-STOKE CLIMSLAND
Who is it for?
Schools, youth groups and individuals
Situated in rolling countryside just 30minutes outside of Plymouth, Duchy College is ideally placed to provide a wide range of outdoor pursuits for all ages and abilities. During the autumn and winter terms, activities are provided for many outdoor leisure students as well as local organisations. During the summer months we open our doors to schools, youth groups and individuals.
We are able to offer a variety of activities from taster sessions to advanced levels. Our activity venues are spread across the whole of Devon and Cornwall, depending on weather, age, ability and aims.
These activities include Climbing, Kayaking, canoeing, Survival, Raft Building, Archery, problem Solving, Orienteering and Moorland Walking. Our objective is to provide a safe, fun, educational experience and to promote group and individual development though outdoor education activities.
Safety, Fun and Learning
Safety is our top priority. We believe in keeping participants safe whilst providing them with enjoyable educational experiences. Outdoor Activity Programmes are renowned for improving confidence, raising self esteem, encouraging team and life skills.
- Licensed by the Adventurous Activities Licensing Authority (Reg No. L4151/R0908)
- Approved by the British Canoe Union, National Governing body for canoeing and kayaking and by the British Orienteering Federation
- All specialist equipment provided
- Highly qualified, friendly and experienced staff (staff qualifications available on request)
- Regularly checked, high quality safety and activity equipment
- All packages include the hire of a security guard on duty from 8.00pm - 7.30am and there is always a member of staff on call to deal with any problems during the noght
- Excellent safety record
Duchy College is able to offer as part of your activity package, full board camping or bunk house accommodation.
Camping - Full board includes cooked breakfast, packed lunch*, cooked evening meal. For an additional fee 3 and 10 person's tents can be provided (subject to availability).
Bunk House Accommodation - Full board includes cooked breakfast, packed lunch*, cooked evening meal. Minimum booking numbers for activity programmes are 15 participants. One leader goes free with every 10 paying participants.
*No midday lunch is provided on the day of arrival (unless requested)
For booking enquiries or further information, please contact:
Outdoor Pursuits Department
Cornwall, PL17 8PB
Tel: 01579 372250
Fax: 01579 372200