|HNC Engineering (Part Time)||Cornwall College Camborne (map)||6||16-09-2013||60wks||PLEASE CALL*|
How is the course studied at this venue? - This is a part-time course studied over a period of 2 years starting in September. You will attend college 1 day per week, which will be 9.00am - 18.30pm.
Additional Information - £3000 PER YEAR OVER 2 YEARS
Who is this course for?
This course will provide a challenging programme of study that will enable learners to develop the concepts, knowledge, skills and techniques required for today′s engineering industry. Specialised modules relevant to the engineering industry in which learners are employed, and a platform for a successful career development will be covered also. This course will provide students with a qualification that will allow progression to honours degree programmes.
Applicants are required to have GCSEs at Grade C and above in Maths, English and Science. In addition 120 tariff points are required from BTEC National Certificate/Diploma, HNC/D, Advanced GNVQ/AVCE or NVQ Level 3 Mechanical Engineering or equilavent, Access to HE in Mathematics, ICT or CAD, International Baccalaureate, Irish/Scottish Highers/Advanced Highers to grade D standard. Significant industrial experience can be used in lieu of qualifications. Please enquire if you are at all unsure as to your suitability for this course and the Programme Manager will be more than happy to discuss the course and its contents with you.
What will I be doing on the course?
The following modules currently make up the course:
• Business Management Techniques
• Computer Aided Design
• Electronics 1
• Personal and Employability Skills Development
• Analytical Methods for Engineers 1
• Engineering Science 1
• Communications and Electrical Priniciples 1
• Manufacture and Materials
What can I do after the course?
As a HNC graduate, you will have a wide choice of career opportunities throughout the private and public sectors, both in the United Kingdom and abroad. HNC graduates have a range of opportunities within industrial and commercial organisations where a broad-based and work-related education is desirable.
If you have any further information please do not hesitate to call.
The statistical information below may be a combination of Plymouth University partner colleges.
*KIS uses information from courses with more than 23 students. Our average class size can be below this so the information for some courses may not truly reflect the quality of our courses and our learners’ experience.
* All fees shown on this website are accurate to the best of our knowledge, however, we reserve the right to amend the fees without prior notice. Fees may be subject to additional charges for registration, books or examinations. Loans, Grants and Bursaries are available for some University Level courses. Find out more here or speak with one of our advisors in Customer Enquiries - 0845 22 32 567. If you are an International student, please contact our International office to discuss fees and application procedure - 0044 (0)1726 226435