|Finance for Non-financial Managers||The Business Space - Truro (map)||7||17-05-2013||4wks||ú590.00*|
How is the course studied at this venue? - This course is 1 day a week for 4 weeks.
Who is this course for?
This course is for supervisors, middle and senior managers and business owners who require an overall awareness of financial and management accounting in order to be able to use financial information for decision making purposes.
You willálearnáto interpret and use financial information for decision making purposes and use the basic financial techniques in relation to costing, budgeting, pricing and investments.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
What will I be doing on the course?
This course covers:
- Financial performance – introduction to financial statements, analysing performance using ratios, comparisons between financial statements
- Sources of finance – sources, choosing sources, implications of choice of source
- Finance as resource – cost of finance, flow of finance, decision making, assets and liabilities
- Financial decisions – costing & budgeting, pricing, investment & project appraisal
The course will be delivered using a variety of practical sessions and lectures. Delegates will have access to online support materials and a designated tutor for learning support.
Delegates will have to undertake two assignments and a test to successfully pass this course.
What can I do after the course?
There are several flexible progression opportunities for delegates onto other degree level short courses, including: People development and leadership; Business enterprise, leadership and growth; Understanding employment & contract law for business and many more. Training at all levels and in a range of subjects is available through Cornwall College Business.
This course is a 20 credit module (FBU101) from a Foundation Degree, awarded by Plymouth University.
Contact us for more information.
* All fees shown on this website are accurate to the best of our knowledge, however, we reserve the right to amend the fees without prior notice. Fees may be subject to additional charges for registration, books or examinations. Loans, Grants and Bursaries are available for some University Level courses. Find out more here or speak with one of our advisors in Customer Enquiries - 0845 22 32 567. If you are an International student, please contact our International office to discuss fees and application procedure - 0044 (0)1726 226435