ST AUSTELL PLUS
WHAT IS ST AUSTELL PLUS?
"St Austell Plus is our high quality and additional provision that offers young people a distinctive and valuable set of opportunities to enable them to achieve their full academic potential." Debbie Wilshire, Head of College
It is designed to bring out the best in every A-level and vocational student and our aim is to develop the whole person by providing enriching and inspiring experiences.
Every full-time student will enrol onto a St Austell Plus Programme, which will be timetabled to take place on a Monday and Wednesday afternoon.
- Join debating clubs
- Go on visits
- Attend lectures with guest speakers
- Take part in the Duke of Edinburgh
- Improve their employability skills
- Excel in sports
- Join an academy - Dance, Surf Lifesaving, Elite Sport, Music, Science or Technology
- Attend academic support tutorials
- Study additional qualifications - such as the Extended Project, the Leadership Award, First Aid, Food Hygiene and much more
- Take part in adventure sport activities, art and design and cookery sessions and more.
The St Austell Plus Programme can be full of activities and projects that will get students buzzing along the way. Students will pick up qualifications, experiences, friends and talents that will stay with them for the rest of their life.