Green teams either exist or are being set up at each of the campuses with keen volunteers who have an interest in environmental or sustainable issues and want to support the work on the sites for getting the message across. Activities vary from beach cleans and litter picking to recycling campaigns.
Our Green Credentials
Since 2008 the College has made significant strides forward and introduced the following sustainable working practices.
- Cornwall College Sustainability Forum (CCSF) established, with 23 staff members to meet every term.
- Green Teams established with volunteer environmental champions on some sites, meeting termly and focusing on individual campus ‘green’ action plans.
- A sustainability resource site created for teachers and support staff to help embed sustainable development within curriculum and everyday College life.
- Energy reduction targets on each campus.
- Increased recycling.
- Print strategy introduced to use new energy efficient equipment to save on energy and paper usage, including central units defaulting to double sided printing and clear reporting to all departments.
- IT automatic shutdown system introduced enabling remote control of all networked computers across the College, resulting in energy savings.
- Estates Projects - individual projects to improve metering, energy utilisation and efficiency on the campuses.
- HE Carbon Management Scheme to make a 25% saving of carbon emissions by 2015.